Sunday, 1 March 2009

Painting stripes

As he's liking painting with brushes we did some more today. One of the problems we've had is that the paper's been moving about so the more extravagant brush strokes have ended up on the counter and under the paper. So today I decided to tape them down and as I did so I figured we could make some stripes. Isaac liked the sticking bit and painted for quite a while before the radio became more important. 

First brush strokes.


The tape looks quite cool when painted but as it stuck to itself and was quite wet I didn't bother to keep it but next time I might try and put it onto a new page to create a new piece. 

The finished articles. The tape took off more of the paper than I thought it would but I'm quite pleased none-the-less. 

I'm going to trim this one down a lot as only half the page got painted. 

I'll definitely do this again and I'll try to find some paper that won't lose so much of the surface when the tape gets peeled. I also might try cutting some contact paper shapes and doing the same thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment