Saturday 26 June 2010

A new tractor

But first some reading with Danna. It's so lovely seeing Isabel's increasing awareness of things around her. Tonight she got very excited when I sat with her on my lap and opened a book. Isaac loves books and some days we can spend an hour or more reading together. It's great to be able to share the load!


After finding an old Britain's tractor when he was here before (and it becoming a firm favourite despite falling apart) Danna took him to the toy shop to choose a new one. I don't know how long it'll be before he starts pulling bits off this one too but he's loving playing with it.



The boy isn't that interested in food but one thing he will happily eat is eggs. I don't think Danna had bargained on losing most of her quail's eggs last night though. We had lovely salad with various edible flowers in it from the garden. Isaac tried a blue one (borage) and then decided to feed them to me instead.


I can't believe how quickly Isabel is growing up. She's trying to sit herself up (a long way off yet but she's trying anyway) and she's really trying to push herself up when she's on her tummy. I feel a bit like I've missed out on the newborn stage this time as with Isaac it seemed to last an eternity whereas this time round it's gone in a flash.


No comments:

Post a Comment