Wednesday 16 June 2010

These feet were made for walking

I'm not the tidiest of sewers and most of what I make is very 'homemade'. But I now have a walking foot which means I can at least attempt to get both bits of fabric in the same place at the same time. I'm not fully convinced of the fit on my machine but apparently it's the right one and it sure does the job.


Isabel has started dribbling so I wanted to make some bibs for her to supplement the bought ones I have. This was the perfect quick make and really did only take me 10 minutes (unlike the 10 minute trousers that take me a lot longer than that). I used some Liberty fabric that I've had for years and backed it with flannel. I'll play around with the sizing and I think I'll scoop the front a bit on future ones. Putting on the popper caused a fair amount of swearing though.



1 comment:

  1. Walking feet are wonderful! Your bibs look great too. x

    ReplyDelete