Thursday 5 February 2009

More snow.

More snow as in we have snow again as well as we have more volume of snow. To prove it here's the garage today...




The park looked great this morning. There were loads of families out building snowmen, throwing snowballs and sledging. There seemed to be a lot of happy people (and a fair few happy dogs too!).  There was a gorgeous little girl in a red coat and a bobble hat sledging on an old fashioned wooden sledge. She looked great against the white snow. I have a better picture of her but I don't think it's right to put it on my blog so here's a glimpse of her and her sledge. 
 

The trees all looked so pretty with the snow on them. It was hard to photograph them though as there wasn't any sun or any warmth in the sky so everything just looks bleak but I like this shot as the bricks in the background give some warmth and contrast. 


Amongst the snowmen was this masterpiece. I'm presuming it's a penguin but I'm not 100% sure. 


When we first moved here there was an Anish Kapoor installation at Rollright that we loved going to see. When I saw this great snowball in the park I thought it looked sculptural - the mud and earth made it look like it was made of metal or something more substantial than snow. It's only now writing this that I'm reminded of the Anish Kapoor sculpture although the park doesn't have the magic of the Rollright circle, although both are beautiful in their own way.




No comments:

Post a Comment