Thursday 23 July 2009

Sad day

You know those days when you get up full of optimism and then get kicked in the head...

we've had one of those.

Small boy put on his own wellies this morning and stood at the door shouting 'swings, swings'. So what is a mum to do but get her stuff together and head to the park.



Only to find...


and...

We knew this day would come but it's sad all the same. And that it's happened just as the schools break up for the summer seems somewhat perverse.


I don't know who was more upset, Isaac or me. Although only one of us held onto the gate shouting 'swings, swings' and crying and then had to be carried home screaming...

I will miss the swings as they were good swingers but I'm most sad about the climbing frame as I have such a clear memory of him shooting straight up it when we came home from Danna's last time.





We did quite a lot of running around the park to try to take our minds off the swings and Isaac had fun looking at the scarecrows.


And it's been such lovely weather today that we then spent quite a lot of time in the garden until the call of swings returned and we had to get in the car and go and find some elsewhere.

The garden's looking very pretty at the moment although I need to do some weeding - only problem if I do it when Isaac's around he copies me but he pulls up anything he sees...


The dog has been a happy bear today. He got a new bone. It's followed us everywhere so that he's not missed out on what's happening but he's been able to crunch at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment