Saturday 13 August 2011

Messing about on the river

We just spent a lovely couple of days staying with my uncle down on the south coast. The visit was long overdue and I wasn't sure how I would feel about seeing him. He is my Dad's brother and since Dad's death (9 years ago) it's been difficult seeing my uncle because of the resemblance. Enough years have passed now though that it wasn't painful to go.

We were lucky to have a private tour of a local big house which has stunning views over Lepe beach to Cowes.


The children both enjoyed the garden tour and were running around a lot.



Isabel continued her apple obsession.


The house that my uncle owns has its own spectacular gardens and everyone enjoys the water features (the dog could be located by his splashing).





We braved the pool for a quick dip - one of us squealed at how cold the water was....



And then we went on a boat trip down the Beaulieu river. It's Cowes week so we got to see lots of yachts.







Isaac sang songs to entertain us on the way home.


Isabel entertained herself.



No comments:

Post a Comment